System not powering up, Mate3s showing 500v

Discussion about the OutBack Mate Remote

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

byohnd
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: SystemEdge 830BLU-300AFCI

System not powering up, Mate3s showing 500v

Post by byohnd »

ok, so the other weekend i installed a SystemEdge 830BLU-300AFCI system. we got it running and all seemed ok. we left cabin the following day so we turned everything off as we didnt really go through it all yet and have it dialed in, was returning in 2 weeks. now we went back and when we turn it on we have this pop up on the screen. has anyone seen this before?
mate3s.jpg
pss
Forum Emperor
My RE system: 8330 watts in three strings, Flexmax 60 x 3, Radian 8048A, GSLC load center, Mate 3S, Hub 10.3, FN-DC and 900 Amp, 48V Trojan T105-RE battery bank.

Re: System not powering up, Mate3s showing 500v

Post by pss »

IMO your Mate 3S has a corrupted SD card if present or the Mate 3S firmware itself is corrupted.

If an SD card is present in the Mate, then power off the Mate by removing the ethernet cable that goes to the hub or another outback device, not the one to the ethernet network.
Then remove the SD card and take it to a desktop pc.

Perform a file check by seeing if you can read the directory contents correctly or if it is garbled characters. If so, reformat the card and reload onto the card the Outback firmware for your outback products.

After the SD card has been removed from the Mate, restore power to the Mate. If it is now running properly, complete the repairs on the SD card mentioned above and then you can re-insert it into the Mate when the Mate is powered off.

If the mate does not power up normally without the SD card, then you will need to try and force a firmware up date of the Mate from the clean SD card you made.
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01 - Parallel Stacked, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
6 SimpliPhi 3.8-48 (48v @ 75AH. 450AH total)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
2 Midnite Solar MNPV6 combiners w/20A DC disconnects.
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator
Off-Grid

Re: System not powering up, Mate3s showing 500v

Post by raysun »

A 500V battery reading is seemingly impossible.
@pss suggestion that the Mate firmware is corrupt is a reasonable starting place.
Mentally walking through the system to envision anything that could legitimately generate such a high voltage leads only to a possibly misconfigured solar array. What model solar panels are installed? How are the arrays configured?