Firmware update resulted in spinning circle

True Hybrid Energy System
gasolarenergy
Forum Member
My RE system: Skybox inverter, Kilovault HAB 7.5kw, 14 Seraphim 370 watt panels ground mount PV in 2 strings for a total of 5.18kv

Firmware update resulted in spinning circle

Post by gasolarenergy »

1.5.30 downloaded and I gave it the ok to update. The circle has been spinning for a couple hours and nothing happening. Any advice to recover?
Dennis Gass
Ampster
Forum Guru
My RE system: 7.9 kW self installed Enphase system NEM 2.0 PTO 9*2021. Skybox, and heat pump/AC system. The Skybox is powered by a 42 kWh pack of LFP batteries and 2kW panels. It is used in self consumption mode for load shifting and backup.

Re: Firmware update resulted in spinning circle

Post by Ampster »

I updated to 1.5.30 months ago without issue.
Use my Skybox in Self Consumption mode to reduce my energy costs, including to charge two EVs.
gasolarenergy
Forum Member
My RE system: Skybox inverter, Kilovault HAB 7.5kw, 14 Seraphim 370 watt panels ground mount PV in 2 strings for a total of 5.18kv

Post by gasolarenergy »

Ampster wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:55 pm I updated to 1.5.30 months ago without issue.
I saw the posts indicating 1.5.30 had been updated with no issues so I decided to allow it to install, but mine did not work well. Spinning circle even after restarting. Working with Outback support now.
Dennis Gass
gasolarenergy
Forum Member

Post by gasolarenergy »

Update. Outback Power customer service is top notch. The problem I encountered is unrecoverable and they are shipping a new inverter.
Dennis Gass
Ampster
Forum Guru
My RE system: 7.9 kW self installed Enphase system NEM 2.0 PTO 9*2021. Skybox, and heat pump/AC system. The Skybox is powered by a 42 kWh pack of LFP batteries and 2kW panels. It is used in self consumption mode for load shifting and backup.

Post by Ampster »

I had a similar situation several years ago, but assumed it was because my inverter was one of the early ones. The good news is that you do not have to rewire the bottom portion. The top portion is the only part that needs to be replaced. I agree, Outback service is top notch.
Use my Skybox in Self Consumption mode to reduce my energy costs, including to charge two EVs.