Mate2 AGS

Discussion about the OutBack Mate Remote

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

guerrillasolarguy
Forum Member
My RE system: Flexware 500 with two FX3648 Grid tied with a modest battery bank. 7200 watts of Solarworld. One FM80 wired two panels in series, the other wired in three. Mate 2.

Mate2 AGS

Post by guerrillasolarguy »

I did a brief search and didn't find help. FP1 with a mate2 controller. Full battery. Set up AGS and when placed in auto, the mate sends power to the aux terminals in about 30 seconds. Switched to the aux terminals on the charge controller and changed the port # and it did exactly the same. Reset the mate to factory settings and re-programed it. No difference. I was going to un-power the inverter to reset it but the DC breaker was not working. I'm assuming there is a problem with the controller, but I would hate to install a new one and have the same problem. I've programed the AGS on other outback systems quite a few times and never had this happen. I'm going to dig up a manual and read it again before recommending a $300 part. Thanks for the help in advance.
"Every home should be built with a critical loads panel and an Outback" The mate 3 should be thrown overboard.