FN-DC Not Reporting Batt Voltage on Mate3s Home Screen

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.
ClaudeJr
Forum Member
My RE system: Outback FP1 FX3048T, 8 ea 6v Deep Cycle Rolls Surrette 428ah Bat, 10 ea 320w panels, Generac EcoGen 6k propane backup generator, 48v System, Mate3

FN-DC Not Reporting Batt Voltage on Mate3s Home Screen

Post by ClaudeJr »

Batt voltage not showing on Mate3s home screen. Other data on FNDC screen is showing fine however, no batt voltage data 0.0 is what it reads. I unplugged FNDC hub cable...switched hub port for FNDC and unplugged FNDC wiring block...still nothing. Any ideas ?

After some additional research it looks as though there's a fuse on the positive (black cable) from the wiring block to the positive bus connection in the "load center." I looked and tried to follow the blk & wte cable however this is an integrated system and most of the wiring is not visible also not sure if Outback put a fuse on the cable with this integrated FP1 system.
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
6 SimpliPhi 3.8-48 (48v @ 75AH. 450AH total)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Re: FN-DC Not Reporting Batt Voltage on Mate3s Home Screen

Post by raysun »

ClaudeJr wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:17 pm Batt voltage not showing on Mate3s home screen. Other data on FNDC screen is showing fine however, no batt voltage data 0.0 is what it reads. I unplugged FNDC hub cable...switched hub port for FNDC and unplugged FNDC wiring block...still nothing. Any ideas ?

After some additional research it looks as though there's a fuse on the positive (black cable) from the wiring block to the positive bus connection in the "load center." I looked and tried to follow the blk & wte cable however this is an integrated system and most of the wiring is not visible also not sure if Outback put a fuse on the cable with this integrated FP1 system.
The FP1 has a 0.5A circuit breaker dedicated to the FNDC battery + lead. It should be marked "Battery Monitor" or similar. Check that its in the ON position.
ClaudeJr
Forum Member
My RE system: Outback FP1 FX3048T, 8 ea 6v Deep Cycle Rolls Surrette 428ah Bat, 10 ea 320w panels, Generac EcoGen 6k propane backup generator, 48v System, Mate3

Re: FN-DC Not Reporting Batt Voltage on Mate3s Home Screen

Post by ClaudeJr »

You nailed it raysun...there's a switch on the side of the FP1 marked "Battery Status Monitor" and it was off...turned it on and all is well.

I have a Simpliphi battery question that I guess must be put under new topic...be on the lookout...thanks again.