History

General Talk

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

jbakker
Forum Guru
My RE system: 2 VFX3648 Inverters 2 FM60 150VDC Charge Controllers Mate3 5 KW of panels 15kw JC Onan NG Generator made in 1975.
1 Midnite Classic 150, FNDC. I have the Volt battery but it's not being used.
Now using 48 volt 800 AH Narada Lithium cells and QUCC 300 AMP 48 VDC relay BMS

History

Post by jbakker »

This post is not related in any way to inverters, solar power or anything related to it.

This is a bit of history that is kind of cool I think, back in 1965 an Avro Lancaster was retired from the Canadian Airforce and the Goderich Legion put it on display at the Goderich Airport on a pedestal. In 1977 it was bought by the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
11 years later it was back in flying condition. The plane had never made it back to Goderich in the years since this past weekend.
60 years to the day it landed it came back for 2 days. Took my daughters to see it.
Was very cool and humbling to see this machine made for destruction flying still. Of the 7000 ish built over the war year's there are 2 left flying in the world.
Thought I would share this.
Attachments
Plane.jpg
The Electron
Forum Guru
My RE system: I troubleshoot & maintain off-grid systems in many different scenarios, a few are total redneck messes I stumble across, some are pretty nice. Experience with multiple stacked FX's and Radians & Optics

Re: History

Post by The Electron »

Thank you for sharing! Way cool
raysun
Forum Overlord
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01 - Series Stacked, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
6 SimpliPhi 3.8-48 (48v @ 75AH. 450AH total)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
2 Midnite Solar MNPV6 combiners w/20A DC disconnects.
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator
Off-Grid

Re: History

Post by raysun »

When I see those old bombers, I can't help but think of the bravery of the crews that flew into harm's way in those crates.