Flexmax100 afci x 2 units
Flexnet DC
HUB10 port hub
32 REC360aa alpha solar panels with total wattage of 11,520w
5 SimpliPhi 3.8kWh 48V Lithium batteries
20kw Perkins diesel backup generator

AGS DC Absorb Voltage setting question

Post by mattyxp@yahoo.com »

I want to stop AGS charging of my SimpliPhi lithium batteries at a predetermined voltage instead of doing a full charge which will help prevent unnecessary use of expensive generator fuel.
Can I use the DC Absorb Voltage setting in the Mate3s AGS menu to command an AGS Voltage Start to end at a predetermined voltage?
Thanks for the feedback...I've seen others also ask this question in similar fashion with no responses.
Matty
fcwlp
Forum Emperor
My RE system: GS8048A, FM80 w/3,600W PV Fixed, FM80 w/2,700W on Zomeworks tracker, Mate3, 24 Trojan 2V L16 1100AH @ C20, Grid-Tied with Kohler 14RESA LPG Generator and MEP-803 Diesel if needed.

I install and maintain grid-tied and off-grid systems in my area and consult on solar system design/operation.

Re: AGS DC Absorb Voltage setting question

Post by fcwlp »

Short answer is no. That is for the rare DC generator setup. As you have a FNDC you can stop based on SOC.
intellact
Forum Czar
My RE system: GVFX 3624 and MATE/MATE3/AXS Port with four Surette flooded lead-acid batteries (24V). Deactivated wind turbine. System now acts as UPS back-up. Monitored by WattPlot, of course.

Post by intellact »

mattyxp@yahoo.com wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:20 amCan I use the DC Absorb Voltage setting in the Mate3s AGS menu to command an AGS Voltage Start to end at a predetermined voltage?
No, but as fcwlp says, the SOC stop might work for you.

You can also use monitoring software that gives you better control of your system, allowing you to very easily program actions in response to trigger conditions.

WattPlot ACKcess's built-in REactor function provides the most powerful user-friendly control available for programming more sophisticated behaviors for your OutBack system. :cool: Change practically any MATE3s setting, based on any other setting/data value (or combination thereof.)
Andrew Welch, creator of WattPlot
raysun
Forum Overlord
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01 - Series Stacked, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
6 SimpliPhi 3.8-48 (48v @ 75AH. 450AH total)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
2 Midnite Solar MNPV6 combiners w/20A DC disconnects.
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator
Off-Grid

Post by raysun »

Yes, WattPlot has vastly superior "event logic" for many aspects of system control.

I don't use AGS, but it's my understanding that AGS Voltage Start runs until the Inverter Charger's Absorb phase has completed. It seems simple to program the inverter's Battery Charging/Absorb Voltage to some partial state of charge point (e.g. 54.6V) and Absorb Time: 0.1H.

Am I missing something?
The Electron
Forum Guru
My RE system: I troubleshoot & maintain off-grid systems in many different scenarios, a few are total redneck messes I stumble across, some are pretty nice. Experience with multiple stacked FX's and Radians & Optics

Post by The Electron »

That has worked reliably on the 1.4.7 and previous versions for me- real handy for just getting thru a cloudy period when sun is soon to come in the next day or so