Draw on battery with no load.

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.
cat
Forum Member
My RE system: Off Grid - Flex power one, flex net DC, Mate3, LiFepo4 battery, Kholer 8kw generator. six 400w solar panels.

Draw on battery with no load.

Post by cat »

Hello, very new to off grid living bought a cabin and have been using the system it came with since this summer and everything has been going good. Today I used a fair bit of power and was up late with lights on and when I switched everything off to go to bed the Mate3 is showing a .5kw load but I for sure have nothing plugged in or turned on I waited a while to see if that would go away but it ended up drawing my battery down to where my 2min volt start(50v) kicked in the generator. after the generator completed a charging cycle and turned off I still had the .5kw power usage being shown. I turned the inverter off and on again as I don't really know what to do about this. but still have 500watts of power being consumed. fridge, hot water tank and furnace are all propane and I know for sure I have nothing on or plugged in that would be drawing power. for now I have the inverter turned off overnight so it doesn't keep draining the battery. not sure where to go from here.
raysun
Forum Overlord
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01 - Series Stacked, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
6 SimpliPhi 3.8-48 (48v @ 75AH. 450AH total)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
2 Midnite Solar MNPV6 combiners w/20A DC disconnects.
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator
Off-Grid

Re: Draw on battery with no load.

Post by raysun »

The inverter will use a small amout of power at idle, but more like 35 watts, rather than 500 watts. It sounds like there's a load somewhere.
The FlexPower One panel has an AC OUTPUT circuit breaker that will disconnect the inverter from the downstream AC house circuits. When it is opened, does the .5kW load go away?
Also, the FP1 has a convenience outlet. Is anything plugged into it?
cat
Forum Member
My RE system: Off Grid - Flex power one, flex net DC, Mate3, LiFepo4 battery, Kholer 8kw generator. six 400w solar panels.

Post by cat »

It took a while for my post to be approved, that night I did flip the AC output circuit breaker and the .5kw was still showing on the mate3, I turned the inverter off on the mate3 and that made the .5wk go away when I turned it back on in the morning it reappeared at .5kw after the generator charged my battery up the .5kw went away for a couple weeks. Tonight again no loads the mate was showing a .9kw load. I unplugged the mate and plugged it back in again and the .9kw is gone(for now)
cat
Forum Member

Post by cat »

Into the outlet on the FP1 there is a small light and a cord that runs to an 8kw generator.
raysun
Forum Overlord
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01 - Series Stacked, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
Off-Grid

Post by raysun »

Is your place connected to the internet? Is the Outback system connected to OpticsRE?
cat
Forum Member

Post by cat »

No I don't believe it is connected to the internet/OpticsRE. Edited. I found a video on checking my firmware and installing opticsRE and checked that on my mate3 It is running an old firmware which is not compatible with opticsRE. right now its on version 002.015.000.
raysun
Forum Overlord
Off-Grid

Post by raysun »

I suggest updating the Mate3 firmware.
cat
Forum Member

Post by cat »

Thank you. in the process of doing so today. hopefully that will sort out the bug.
raysun
Forum Overlord
Off-Grid

Post by raysun »

cat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:55 am Thank you. in the process of doing so today. hopefully that will sort out the bug.
The best part will be enabling OpticsRE, which will give a whole new window of visibility and control for the the system.