Fm 60 end of day summary

Discussion about the MX60 Charge Controller

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

Lloyd
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: Fm 60 fix inverter charger 48 volt 4600 watt

Fm 60 end of day summary

Post by Lloyd »

What does the ÔÇ£minimum battery voltage obtainedÔÇØ mean? Is it the lowest voltage output from the array or is it the actual voltage from the battery bank. My 48 volt system reads 41.1 but all other parameters are normal and the batteries are fully charged
Kurt Lundquist
Alpha Energy Engineering
My RE system: VFX3524, Mate3, 200Ah 24V AGM Battery Bank

Re: Fm 60 end of day summary

Post by Kurt Lundquist »

Lloyd wrote:What does the ÔÇ£minimum battery voltage obtainedÔÇØ mean?
It is the lowest battery voltage that the charge controller saw for the day. If your log shows 41.1V for the MIN voltage that means your battery bank was really low or there is a load that causes the battery voltage to dip when it turns on.

-Kurt
Kurt Lundquist
Renewable Energy Project Engineer
http://alphaenergy.us/
Lloyd
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: Fm 60 fix inverter charger 48 volt 4600 watt

Post by Lloyd »

Only 1.5 amp load during day
Only 1.5 amp load during day
End of day summary batteries show green full charge on 4600 watt 48 volt inv/chgr
Kurt Lundquist
Alpha Energy Engineering
My RE system: VFX3524, Mate3, 200Ah 24V AGM Battery Bank

Post by Kurt Lundquist »

If your batteries are flooded I suggest you take specific gravity (SG) readings to confirm the state of charge (SoC). If your batteries are not flooded checking SOC is a bit trickier. For sealed batteries, you have to leave the bank unloaded for 12-24 hours before the voltage can give you a relative idea of the SoC. If the battery voltage is ~52 after sitting for 24hours then you know it is pretty much 100% charged. Who has time to let their battery bank sit for 24 hours though?
Lloyd wrote:batteries show green full charge on 4600 watt 48 volt inv/chgr
In my experience, green full light LED's are just a general idea of battery charge based on voltage. For example, a 52V reading on the battery bank could be anything from 50-100% SoC depending on several variables.

I see only 1 hour of Absorb and 8+ hours of Float. I suggest you bump your Absorb time up to 4+ hrs. If your battery bank is flooded you might need to look at bumping up the Absorb voltage too. Use your battery manufacturer recommended set points as a guide.

-Kurt
Kurt Lundquist
Renewable Energy Project Engineer
http://alphaenergy.us/