Training day for newbie

Descriptions and registration information for instructor-led training events
EddieLand
Forum Junior Member

Training day for newbie

Post by EddieLand »

I am a newbie in this field. Every single day I wait for the latest news about training or something related. Hoping to make friends with you guys!!
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
6 SimpliPhi 3.8-48 (48v @ 75AH. 450AH total)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Re: Training day for newbie

Post by raysun »

Welcome to the forum!

Outback has a lot of training videos posted on YouTube.
pss
Forum Emperor
My RE system: 8330 watts in three strings, Flexmax 60 x 3, Radian 8048A, GSLC load center, Mate 3S, Hub 10.3, FN-DC and 900 Amp, 48V Trojan T105-RE battery bank.

Post by pss »

Welcome aboard. You will find an active forum with hundreds of us so called "emperors, czars, chiefs, generals, experts, all of whom are no smarter than you are, but who just took the plunge before you did. And I can guarantee you that all have made mistakes to a smaller or larger degree ranging from poor or no performance to short circuits, fires, ruined equipment and batteries. But we cleaned off our shoe after stepping it, asked questions and forged ahead. Your goal is the Outback promised land. That is when you system is optimized, runs great, is producing maximum solar output and all you do is sit back, watch it and eat desserts and consume alcohol and weed. This process can take 3 to 24 months, but it is worth it. And if you have a significant other, when they stop bugging you, you have reached the promised land.

So no question is dumb, but please list your equipment, geographic area and climate and as much detail as you can when asking for help and you will get what you need.
Shadow_Storm56
Forum Czar
My RE system: Solar panels, charge controllers , outback radian inverter.

Post by Shadow_Storm56 »

pss wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:32 pm Welcome aboard. You will find an active forum with hundreds of us so called "emperors, czars, chiefs, generals, experts, all of whom are no smarter than you are, but who just took the plunge before you did. And I can guarantee you that all have made mistakes to a smaller or larger degree ranging from poor or no performance to short circuits, fires, ruined equipment and batteries. But we cleaned off our shoe after stepping it, asked questions and forged ahead. Your goal is the Outback promised land. That is when you system is optimized, runs great, is producing maximum solar output and all you do is sit back, watch it and eat desserts and consume alcohol and weed. This process can take 3 to 24 months, but it is worth it. And if you have a significant other, when they stop bugging you, you have reached the promised land.

So no question is dumb, but please list your equipment, geographic area and climate and as much detail as you can when asking for help and you will get what you need.
This was a very accurate post, we all hope to prevent you from making the mistakes we have
sodamo
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Totally off grid - Hamakua side, Big Island, Hi

36 Trina 280 & 16 Phono 250 in 48 volt array (fixed) 14080w
Radians GG8048A/GS4048A w GSLCs
4 FM 80 charge controllers
Hub 10.3
FNDC w/3 shunts
Mate 3s
OpticsRE - MMKL - Ninole Hi
12 SimpliPhi 3.8
14Kw Kohler 14RESA Propane

Charging Only
2FX3048T
Hub
FNDC. - shared shunt feeds from Radian FNDC
Mate 3s
10Kw MEP 803a Military gen

Honda EU7000i

Davis VantagePro2 Wx Station
On line at: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KHININOL2

Post by sodamo »

Great start is to detail your system in your profile, then ask anything.
David
Shadow_Storm56
Forum Czar
My RE system: Solar panels, charge controllers , outback radian inverter.

Post by Shadow_Storm56 »

sodamo wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:03 am Great start is to detail your system in your profile, then ask anything.
Yea don't be like me and not have done that yet after years of being here.... oops