FLEXnet DC Advanced Control settings in OpticsRE

Discussion about the OutBack OpticsRE system monitor

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

JRHill
Forum Emperor
My RE system: VFXR3648, FM80, 3k panels, Mate3s, FNDC, 4ea 3.8 PHIs. EU7000is AGS.

FLEXnet DC Advanced Control settings in OpticsRE

Post by JRHill »

Recently I changed out the old Mate3 for an "s". I downloaded all the parameters but when I got to the FNDC Advanced stuff in the Mate3s menu I couldn't find them there or anywhere else. Hmm. I suppose they are only for local use so OpticsRE doesn't care about them?
fcwlp
Forum Czar
My RE system: GS8048A, FM80 w/3,600W PV Fixed, FM80 w/2,700W on Zomeworks tracker, Mate3, 24 Trojan 2V L16 1100AH @ C20, Grid-Tied with Kohler 14RESA LPG Generator and MEP-803 Diesel if needed.

I install and maintain grid-tied and off-grid systems in my area and consult on solar system design/operation.

Re: FLEXnet DC Advanced Control settings in OpticsRE

Post by fcwlp »

From Mate3s Settings Menu, select Mate3s. It should be the 8th one in the list.
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
SimpliPhi 48-3.8 (6 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Post by raysun »

What specific settings are being sought?
JRHill
Forum Emperor
My RE system: VFXR3648, FM80, 3k panels, Mate3s, FNDC, 4ea 3.8 PHIs. EU7000is AGS.

Post by JRHill »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I down loaded all the Mate3, FM and FXR parameters from OpticsRE before swapping it for the Mate3s. It made for an easy transition to set all the parameters until I got to the FNDC advanced control. Hmmm, nowhere to be found in the device map info tabs that I have in the saved files.

I could recall everything except for the Low and Critical Low SOC settings. The Low SOC error is triggering every morning now. I have them lower than they were before the Mate swap.

But anyway, I think I know what's going on. Being completely off the generator now (for the most part) the SimpliPHIs are getting charged earlier in the day. I am charging them to 54.6 so when I hit that and Days Since Parameters Met is satisfied the battery voltage begins to decline through the day, evening to the next morning and the Low SOC error triggers around 6 or 7am as of this time of the year. Low SOC is set at 50% now. So I'm going deeper into the batteries even though the days are continuing to get longer. I'm not complaining. Sheesh, they are running around 18 hours to get to 50% (52.2V) on the three batteries. So I'll just keep setting the Low and Critical SOCs lower as there is a lot of battery left. After years and years with FLAs this is all really cool.

I don't put a lot of attention on the SOC but since DSPM is resetting reliably each day I have a general gauge that is mostly repeatable. And yes, I did get a 4th battery - just awaiting the buss bars to come in next week so all this will change again.