Groan-web and Opticsre inverter graphic data?

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.
TheWaterman
Forum Member
My RE system: FP1 fx3048 panel

Groan-web and Opticsre inverter graphic data?

Post by TheWaterman »

Hi all,
Was a good boy and did my routine maintenance. Shut down my FP1. Cleaned batteries ( interstate gc-2 6volts, Costco ) wired in series for 48v. Put every back together and power back on. I now notice no stream coming out of the inverter (FX3048T) to load, just zeros. But if I switch to Ac input theres the normal red stream. I rechecked the Mate3 and unplugging from the HUB and back in. Something changed? One hint is the Mate3 clock seems to change time? I've included a couple of pics. ](*,)
No stream
No stream
Attachments
AC Input.
AC Input.
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
SimpliPhi 48-3.8 (6 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Re: Groan-web and Opticsre inverter graphic data?

Post by raysun »

Did the situation rectify itself?

Does the inverter show up on the device map?
Is the correct inverter listed in System Tools/Devices?
What shows when the inverter icon on the summary screen is clicked?
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

See the pics below.
Yes the correct INV shows up in device and in settings. I also included a web interface shot.
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-09-25-07-55-13.png
Screenshot_2020-09-25-07-52-28.png
Screenshot_2020-09-25-07-51-31.png
raysun
Forum Emperor

Post by raysun »

If you click the ? caption in the lower left of Optics, you can send a support request to the Optics team. They're busy, but pretty responsive.
Screenshot_20200925-082057_Chrome.jpg
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Thank I'll try that
I included a shot of the Mate 3 screen. Wont let me upload file too big. It shows no reading on second double box line down.I also remember when I tried the AC in I saw some green intermingled with is red.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Sent mess and called. Put me in que and hung up.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Update. Contacted Outback below is a email sent me.

I see you are running Mate3 firmware version 3.15.1. There was an issue in the 3.15.X series, "... An issue that caused incorrect values to appear for input and output current and power for an FNDC".

This may be causing your voltage to appear as 0.

I would recommend rebooting the Mate3 <https://opticsre.uservoice.com/knowledg ... -or-mate3s> to see if it fixes the issue. If not reset the FN-DC. If the problem persists, consider updating the Mate3 firmware to the latest version available 3.19.1 <http://www.outbackpower.com/resources-m ... re-updates>. Make sure you review the known issues list to see if any of the issues will impact your system.

I did the above and even tried a recovery with a backup. Another thing is when I try to copy the SD card to the laptop (wincrap 7) it wont copy some of the. CV file and have to skip to finish. Guess I I'll to do a update 3.19 on the Mate3. Also will get the Mate3s out of storage and work on that also. Will make further updates.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Well managed to upgrade the firmwear from 3.15 to 3.19 for the Mate3. No improvement. A friend even let me try his Mate3 still same problem. No voltage showing on the Mate3 screen or the web page interface. I'm to the point of checking the Flexnet DC. Any quick tests?
raysun
Forum Emperor

Post by raysun »

Check the FNDC on the Device Map screen in Optics and make sure the proper shunts are enabled.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Thanks for replying.
Shunts A B are enabled Shunt C disable. Ports 1 2 3 are used. Inverter is on port one.
raysun
Forum Emperor

Post by raysun »

What's the battery status look like? Click the battery icon on the Optics summary screen.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

I've included the battery, Inverter, Cc pics. Still getting solar the batteries are charging and the inverter is povideing power. I'm thinking of checking the FNDC output leads with my voltmeter for voltage. The FNDC LEDS are all on except the bottom red. Short of checking the shunts. The last pic is at night.
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-09-27-15-22-08.png
Screenshot_2020-09-27-15-22-50.png
At knight.
At knight.
raysun
Forum Emperor

Post by raysun »

What does the dialog show when the battery icon on the optics summary screen is selected?

There are several sets of leads on the FNDC. One pair for each shunt. The voltages on them will be in the low millivolt range.

There is one lead connected directly to the battery +, through a small (0.5A) fuse, or breaker. The terminal should read the bsttery voltage. IIRC, there is a separate battery - lead, too, but I could be mistaken.

Attached is the FNDC user guide (in case you don't have it.)
Attachments
user_guide.pdf
(453.71 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Thank you for the fndc manual. So far not a reply from outback. You figure after spending thousands of Dollar's they would toss you a couple of bones to help. Itealy thank you for your time. After reading the manual a couple of times. I figured to start tracing the black n white wire. After following the black wire to the breaker/switches I noticed the black wire next to the Battery Statues switch loose/hanging there. After verifying where it was to go. Snipped n stripped the end and reinstalled back to the BS switch. See attachment.
Think that fixed the problem. \:D/
raysun
Forum Emperor

Post by raysun »

Glad the forum could help.

I know the tech support team is a bit beleaguered these days, so we can be charitable and cut them some slack.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

I can understand stand tech support. Just getting to the end of my warranty. A strange situation now. The voltage is working but the inverted data and load are cutting out on reops and web page interface. But if the SOC is 100% and batteries are in Float the stream return ??
raysun
Forum Emperor

Post by raysun »

TheWaterman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:33 pm I can understand stand tech support. Just getting to the end of my warranty. A strange situation now. The voltage is working but the inverted data and load are cutting out on reops and web page interface. But if the SOC is 100% and batteries are in Float the stream return ??
Hmmm....

This is deep in the grasping for straws territory, and is likely to lose historical data from the device, but have you considered the FNDC: RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS command?

It will need to have battery data reentered. I expect it will reset SoC to 100%, so the actual SoC information won't be accurate until next time the battery is fully charged.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

I've done factory reset a few times on the FNDC. Finally was able to connect with tech support. Long story short he recommend to down grade back to 3.15. Did that today and will keep an eye on it. The last tech said to upgrade to 3.19. Still have battery voltage. He implied maybe soft wear Mate3 issues 8-[
raysun
Forum Emperor

Post by raysun »

TheWaterman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 pm I've done factory reset a few times on the FNDC. Finally was able to connect with tech support. Long story short he recommend to down grade back to 3.15. Did that today and will keep an eye on it. The last tech said to upgrade to 3.19. Still have battery voltage. He implied maybe soft wear Mate3 issues 8-[
Huh. 3.15 was a staple and relatively stable, release. Worth trying. Also, maybe copy this threads URL and post again to the Optics team via the ? Put that its for the software team as a bug report, not for support.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Ok. I'm working thru all the firmwear for Mate3. From 3.15.01 up . They have 3.15.05. ?? Didn't know that. Off the top, you wouldn't know color of wire comming out of the FNDC to the Inverter? Also is there a way to verify the port address? Inverter is on port 1.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Update. Graphic data came back on 10-03-2020 @ 14:00 then went off an hour or so. At night no inv load data. This was with 3.15.005. Now at 13.15.001 and data flow showing. But the Inv graphs show noting. Time and IP address weard Ip address form web page inter face shows 192.ooo.ooo.145.... On Mate3 but have to use .146.... To connect. Will let it work now to see if the problem pops back up. If not will upgrade to 3.019. Just trying to rule out software or hardware problems.
Attachments
2nd full screen.
2nd full screen.
No data in Inverter Screen.
No data in Inverter Screen.
Flow data screen.
Flow data screen.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Woops. At 3.017.00.
TheWaterman
Forum Member

Post by TheWaterman »

Update:
Ok... Took a little more time for testing. At 3.17 I had data flow from inverter to load on Opticsre for almost 48hrs. Then upgrade to 3.019. Seems to be working, then not. Comes back up when I do a upgrade again and again. But there's no inverter data. Been that way thru the down grade and up grade. Time to contact outback. And the time keep keeps changing.See attachment. :-k
Attachments
No inverter data
No inverter data