FLEXpower One VFX3524

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.
abstractedaway
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: FlexPower One VFX3524

FLEXpower One VFX3524

Post by abstractedaway »

Hello everyone,

I am just now getting to deploy the integrated FLEXpower ONE VFX3524 that I've had sitting around since 2015. It's never been used. I've been able to get some used BYD 24v LiFePo4 batteries and I'm going for it. However, I'm finding that all the information for my model seems to have been phased out in favor of updated products.

Is there a reliable source for slightly out of date products like this? Are there firmware updates necessary?

FYI, I have two of these battery pairs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-matched-BYD- ... 2642891389 ...I'm looking into where to take it from there.
blurr95
Forum Whiz
My RE system: Putting one together now

Re: FLEXpower One VFX3524

Post by blurr95 »

Have you done anything to prep your batteries for your system yet? Balanced them or done the BMS? Any idea of your actual capacity on them. I am looking at these batteries as well. What are your thoughts on them. I am kind of scared to take a chance on them.

Thanks Jason
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
SimpliPhi 48-3.8 (6 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Post by raysun »

abstractedaway wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:20 pm Hello everyone,

I am just now getting to deploy the integrated FLEXpower ONE VFX3524 that I've had sitting around since 2015. It's never been used. I've been able to get some used BYD 24v LiFePo4 batteries and I'm going for it. However, I'm finding that all the information for my model seems to have been phased out in favor of updated products.

Is there a reliable source for slightly out of date products like this? Are there firmware updates necessary?

FYI, I have two of these battery pairs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-matched-BYD- ... 2642891389 ...I'm looking into where to take it from there.
That FP1 likely has a Mate3 which should have its firmware updated to the latest.

Note VFX series firmware can be updated, but may not need to be, as the update is mostly Puerto Rico and California grid compliance functions. If you need these, the Mate3 will need to be swapped out for a Mate3s.

You will have to check specs to be sure the Inverter charger, charge controller, and Mate can support the voltage set points for your battery.
Last edited by raysun on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg T Fordan
OutBack Technical Service
My RE system: Radian, FM80, FNDC, 48V batt bank

Post by Greg T Fordan »

Abstracted,
There has been no recent firmware update for the VFX inverter series. As Raysun said, the likely update you need is the firmware for MATE3, which at this time is at 3.19.1.
If there is an FM60 or FM80, most likely it is of the latest and last firmware, the 3.3.0.
Greg T Fordan
EngTech
Outback Power Technologies