FXR3048 going off instead of transferring to grid

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.
Beechigby
Forum Virtuoso

FXR3048 going off instead of transferring to grid

Post by Beechigby »

the Mate 3 s is set to Minigrid and transfer to grid is set to 46.8 Vdc. I believe the time for that V is very short. The LBCO is set to 45.7. that time is much longer
the inverter is not transfering to Grid. Power is going off early in AM and not coming on till 2.6Kw PV gets vdc back up a bit.
what should settings be at to prevent loss of power? Battery bank is 258Ahr Concorde AGM PVX2580L 48Vdc
fcwlp
Forum Czar
My RE system: GS8048A, FM80 w/3,600W PV Fixed, FM80 w/2,700W on Zomeworks tracker, Mate3, 24 Trojan 2V L16 1100AH @ C20, Grid-Tied with Kohler 14RESA LPG Generator and MEP-803 Diesel if needed.

I install and maintain grid-tied and off-grid systems in my area and consult on solar system design/operation.

Re: FXR3048 going off instead of transferring to grid

Post by fcwlp »

Beechigby wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:15 am the Mate 3 s is set to Minigrid and transfer to grid is set to 46.8 Vdc. I believe the time for that V is very short. The LBCO is set to 45.7. that time is much longer the inverter is not transfering to Grid.
I would verify the times. Default values have the Mini Grid V time at 10 minutes and LBCO V time at 6 seconds. What voltage is the system seeing when it shuts down?

I have found Grid Zero to be very stable in managing batteries DOD during the night. I use it to exercise the batteries, taking them to 30% to 50% DOD, using FLEXtime and adjusting amount of time in Grid Zero before switching back to Grid-Tie.
Beechigby
Forum Virtuoso

Post by Beechigby »

if im wrong about the times, that is likely the issue. A load early in am is getting Bat V into LBCO for 6 sec and disconnectiong
ill look and likely switch the times 3 min for minigrid transfer and 5' for LBCO?
Beechigby
Forum Virtuoso

Post by Beechigby »

I changed the LBCO transfer time for MiniGrid from 10' to 2' and changed the ultimate LBCO from 6" to the max of 24"
the inverter did transfer to the Grid, but when should it transfer back to inverter/bat/solar? after Soc reaches 100%? or at a Vdc setting?
It is not transfering back to Bat/inv/solar
Beechigby
Forum Virtuoso

Post by Beechigby »

I changed the LBCO transfer time for MiniGrid from 10' to 2' and changed the ultimate LBCO from 6" to the max of 24"
the inverter did transfer to the Grid, but when should it transfer back to inverter/bat/solar? after Soc reaches 100%? or at a Vdc setting?
It is not transfering back to Bat/inv/solar

It is still not transferring back to Bat/Inv/Solar after sun has been up a while
what should I do?
I want to use solar/bat during day and into evening till a certain point, then transfere to Grid, not charge battery, and go back to Bat/Solar powering loads after bats are charged?
ralphday224
Forum Virtuoso

Post by ralphday224 »

Try HBX mode, high battery transfer. Have the charger disabled and only the loads are carried by the grid. I use this over the winter and in cloudy times. Set your battery voltage at 50vdc connect, 53 for disconnect. That gives enough voltage room so the grid is not connecting and disconnecting constantly. Fine tune for your requirements. I think the lowest time for connect/disconnect is .6minutes, so 36 seconds. You can also USE and DROP from your Mate if needed...if you are going to use a large load but are disconnected via HBX. jVacuuming, ironing, treadmill etc.

I only use HBX, never any of the other modes.

Ralph
fcwlp
Forum Czar
My RE system: GS8048A, FM80 w/3,600W PV Fixed, FM80 w/2,700W on Zomeworks tracker, Mate3, 24 Trojan 2V L16 1100AH @ C20, Grid-Tied with Kohler 14RESA LPG Generator and MEP-803 Diesel if needed.

I install and maintain grid-tied and off-grid systems in my area and consult on solar system design/operation.

Post by fcwlp »

Beechigby wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:22 am It is still not transferring back to Bat/Inv/Solar after sun has been up a while
what should I do?
I want to use solar/bat during day and into evening till a certain point, then transfere to Grid, not charge battery, and go back to Bat/Solar powering loads after bats are charged?
For clarity, please confirm that you do not want to sell to the grid or use the grid to ever charge the batteries.

You could use HBX as Ralph recommended with charger turned off. You could also use the FLEXtime capability of the Mate to run Mini-Grid during the day and Grid-Tied at some point in the evening again with the charger turned off. If you can tolerate a small continuous draw from the grid during the day, you should also look at Grid-Zero. I find Grid-Zero to be very stable and smoothly handles high power loads by seamlessly combining the grid and available battery power.
Beechigby
Forum Virtuoso

Post by Beechigby »

but, isnt MiniGrid supposed to transfer to Grid when bat gets to a low Volt point and then transfer back to solar/bat?
fcwlp
Forum Czar

Post by fcwlp »

Beechigby wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:29 pm but, isnt MiniGrid supposed to transfer to Grid when bat gets to a low Volt point and then transfer back to solar/bat?
The system will transfer back to MiniGrid when the batteries achieve float after a full charging cycle. Charging can either be by the charger on the inverter using the grid or PV. Below is the description from the Radian manual.
From page 20 of the Radian manual
"While connected to the utility grid, the inverter’s charger can be set either on or off. If the charger is turned on, the inverter will proceed through a full charging cycle. Upon reaching float stage, the inverter will disconnect from the grid.
If the inverter is connected to the utility grid and the charger is turned off, another DC source such as renewable energy should be present to charge the batteries. The inverter will observe the batteries as if it was performing the charge. When the batteries reach the required voltages and charging times to achieve float stage, the inverter will disconnect from the grid. This means that the regulator for the renewable source must be set to the same settings as the Radian (or higher). Check the settings of both devices as needed.
Note the warnings in the manual to not try to use HBX and MiniGrid modes simultaneously.