Lost connection

Mate3 and Mate3s communications devices for Outback Power
staggley
Forum Member
My RE system: Radian 8048 2/ Flexmax80 GS load center Mate 3s 2/ KiloVault Habs

Lost connection

Post by staggley »

Good day about every outher week I loose conection with my opticsre. I am not sure if it is my router or the mate3s,I have to reset the router and go into the mate and enable the optics. Also at this time the mate always seams to be showing a low battery warning although I do not think this is the case. Thanks for any help.
pss
Forum Czar
My RE system: 8330 watts in three strings, Flexmax 60 x 3, Radian 8048A, GSLC load center, Mate 3S, Hub 10.3, FN-DC and 900 Amp, 48V Trojan T105-RE battery bank.

Re: Lost connection

Post by pss »

If your Mate 3 is receiving a DHCP assigned address from your router, then these are usually provided with a reservation time in minutes. After the reservation time expires, that connection may no longer be valid or a new IP address is assigned by the DHCP server. You need to check this, reserve the assigned IP address for your Mate 3, lengthen the DHCP reservation time or assign a permanent IP address to your Mate 3 preferably outside the range of the DHCP server. These are the starting points.
staggley
Forum Member
My RE system: Radian 8048 2/ Flexmax80 GS load center Mate 3s 2/ KiloVault Habs

Post by staggley »

Thanks I will give it a try just not to computer savy.
sbrownian
Forum Czar
My RE system: GS8048 FM80 FNDC Mate3 4 port HUB
4kw solar
7kw Kubota propane gen
Off grid.
Originally installed with 1200 AH of FLA Locomotive batts.
Replaced after 9 years of service with 2 x 300 AH ReLion Lithium packs.
MUCH more efficient!!

Post by sbrownian »

There is also a timer in the Mate that can be set to reboot it at intervals. (Every 4 hours, once a day, etc.)
Information, you get not; if incorrect question, you ask..