Seasonal Profiles

An area for discussing the OutBack FLEXnet DC product.

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

JRHill
Forum Emperor
My RE system: VFXR3648, FM80, 3k panels, Mate3s, FNDC, 4ea 3.8 PHIs. EU7000is AGS.

Seasonal Profiles

Post by JRHill »

I have tried this in the past - establishing a charging profile for summer and another for winter. Then save each before the season change for recall.

Say one has a successful profile for the summer. Save it. Then you have a successful profile for winter. Save it. Theoretically one should be able to load the profile for the season. Of course you adjust it based upon circumstances. But when I have changed profiles summer to winter and vv. all kinds of settings are screwed up. Has anyone else tried this?
JRHill
Forum Emperor
My RE system: VFXR3648, FM80, 3k panels, Mate3s, FNDC, 4ea 3.8 PHIs. EU7000is AGS.

Re: Seasonal Profiles

Post by JRHill »

I'm kind of surprised at no response. Has no one saved a tuned and effective profile for one season, summer then winter, VV., switching from to the other when the time comes? All I'm asking is if you had tried this profile change. When I tried it previously there were parameters that updated and some not - basically causing a start from scratch thing which made it a worthless effort.
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
SimpliPhi 48-3.8 (6 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Post by raysun »

Here's my non-useful response: At 19°N latitude we don't have enough of a seasonal variation to make switching profiles worth the time and effort.

What parameters are involved?
JRHill
Forum Emperor

Post by JRHill »

raysun wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:44 am Here's my non-useful response: At 19°N latitude we don't have enough of a seasonal variation to make switching profiles worth the time and effort.

What parameters are involved?
I'm still awaiting people that have/want to change summer to winter profiles. If no response then I guess its just a personal issue of mine. Parameters may follow from other's input.