Bipolar dc battery bank hook up?

OutBack's newest innovation in balance-of-system components

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

ibeweagle
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: 2-gvfx 3528 flex system

Bipolar dc battery bank hook up?

Post by ibeweagle »

Is it possible to hook up flex ware 500 to a bipolar battery bank of 24 volt system 2-gvfx3524 if rewire take out flex ware dc positive bus +,- and rewire for bipolar +24 -24_+24 -24 and have MN Classics controllers charge at 48vdc will also remove ground ref from - bus only question of working is if the inverters have a ground ref to - connection or are they isolated think so ? 3 wire bipolar DC system thanks ibeweagle have preliminary wiring diagram fw500dc 905-0014-01-00 changed will picture it soon if works.
Solar Jason
Forum Guru

Re: Bipolar dc battery bank hook up?

Post by Solar Jason »

I don't know about the inverters, but focusing on the batteries, splitting the loads like that, the batteries from each bank may have a different load on them. When you are charging with 48 across the whole bank, the less discharged batteries will quickly recharge and then will have to overcharge in order to get the other bank to a full charge. You would need some kind of charge equalizer or better yet two 24V charge controllers, one for each bank, to get a proper charge. Otherwise your battery life will be short, very short.
ibeweagle
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: 2-gvfx 3528 flex system

Re: Bipolar dc battery bank hook up?

Post by ibeweagle »

thank for the reply and yes different loads on each bank just a though and before getting more equip could in cress power out of existing cc and get 2 more to do each bank of 24v thanks p.s.will balance the loads to each battery bank