List of fasteners, covers

OutBack's newest innovation in balance-of-system components

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

tallgirl
Forum Emperor
My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 8 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH),

List of fasteners, covers

Post by tallgirl »

Does anyone have the list of all of the different fasteners used in the various FLEXware / PS / etc. enclosures? I have a client with 10 mobile systems and many of the covers and brackets have lost a fastener here and there over the years.

Also, several of the face plates have had breaker "covers" (the metal that is removed to allow a breaker to come through the face plate) or whatever removed and there is no circuit breaker for that location anymore (or ever). Are there plastic inserts that can be added so the dead fronts are truly dead fronts?
Julie in Texas

I ride bicycles. A lot.
Sunkeeper
Forum Expert
My RE system: 6 Kyocera 205 watt modules-2 in series (6 more to add) @ 53.2 vdc with FlexMax 80 , 12 Solarex MSX64 modules -3 in series @36 vdc nominal with MX60, 3 Flexware PV-8 Combiner Boxes, Whisper 200 24 VDC Wind Generator, Air X 24 VDC Wind generator, 2 VFX3524 inverters Outback Parallel Stacked, RTS Sensor, Flexware-500 Wall Mounting Plate, Flexware AC-DC 500 breaker enclosures, UL listed sub panel for AFCI and GFCI breakers, FW-ACA & DCA Enclosures, Flexware AC-DC Surge Protector= FW-SP-ACA, Mate 2, Hub 4, 2 FW-SBUS Shunt Extenders, FW-BBUS, TM500A meter, Hup Solar One Batteries 24 volt @ 1,250 Amp/Hrs., Made my own battery cables from Ancor Marine 4/0 Superconductor Cable, Hydro Caps, Zephyr Battery Room Power Vent with Yandina Fan/Vent Control.
Genny Dee Cee 24 VDC propane generator
Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless weather station
Location: Black Mountain, North Carolina @ 3,224' elevation.....wide open solar/wind site on a ridge top.

Re: List of fasteners, covers

Post by Sunkeeper »

Here's a start..

FLEXware Mounting Plate Parts List
The following parts are included with every FLEXware Mounting Plate:
ÔÇó one 46.26ÔÇØ X 20.25ÔÇØ aluminum mounting plate
ÔÇó fourteen M6 X 10 mm screws
four ÔÇ£hangingÔÇØ screws to assist with FX Series Inverter/Charger installations
eight for securing the AC enclosure and the DC enclosure
two extras
ÔÇó ten M6 X 20 mm screws for securing two FX Series Inverter/Chargers to the FW-MP plus two extras
ÔÇó twenty-six M6 star washers, used with the M6 screws for grounding
ÔÇó eight 1/4 X 5/8 flat washers, used with M6 screws attaching the enclosures to the FW-MP
ÔÇó #3 Phillips bit
Hello from Western North Carolina~!!!~
Sunkeeper
Forum Expert
My RE system: 6 Kyocera 205 watt modules-2 in series (6 more to add) @ 53.2 vdc with FlexMax 80 , 12 Solarex MSX64 modules -3 in series @36 vdc nominal with MX60, 3 Flexware PV-8 Combiner Boxes, Whisper 200 24 VDC Wind Generator, Air X 24 VDC Wind generator, 2 VFX3524 inverters Outback Parallel Stacked, RTS Sensor, Flexware-500 Wall Mounting Plate, Flexware AC-DC 500 breaker enclosures, UL listed sub panel for AFCI and GFCI breakers, FW-ACA & DCA Enclosures, Flexware AC-DC Surge Protector= FW-SP-ACA, Mate 2, Hub 4, 2 FW-SBUS Shunt Extenders, FW-BBUS, TM500A meter, Hup Solar One Batteries 24 volt @ 1,250 Amp/Hrs., Made my own battery cables from Ancor Marine 4/0 Superconductor Cable, Hydro Caps, Zephyr Battery Room Power Vent with Yandina Fan/Vent Control.
Location: Black Mountain, North Carolina @ 3,224' elevation.....wide open solar/wind site on a ridge top.

Post by Sunkeeper »

tallgirl wrote: Also, several of the face plates have had breaker "covers" (the metal that is removed to allow a breaker to come through the face plate) or whatever removed and there is no circuit breaker for that location anymore (or ever). Are there plastic inserts that can be added so the dead fronts are truly dead fronts?
Local electrical supply stores don't have inserts that fit the FW AC-DC breaker knockout/mount spaces.

On the FW DC knockouts you can cut some sheet metal or plastic to cover the hole and make it longer so it can be drilled to align with the existing breaker mounting screw holes to allow two screws to hold it on. On the back side use two small plastic sheet rock screw anchors to attach the cover mounting screws.

On the FW AC knockouts agin you will have to cut some sheet metal or plastic to cover the hole and drill the mounting holes like on the DC side then use the sheet rock anchors again or use super glue or velcro to attach it if you don't want to drill knockout cover mounting holes on the AC side.

The knockout covers can be superglued or velcro attached on either AC-DC breaker enclosures.
tallgirl
Forum Emperor
My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 8 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH),

Post by tallgirl »

Sunkeeper wrote:The knockout covers can be superglued or velcro attached on either AC-DC breaker enclosures.
Somehow I doubt that's UL listed ...
Julie in Texas

I ride bicycles. A lot.
Sunkeeper
Forum Expert

Post by Sunkeeper »

tallgirl wrote:
Sunkeeper wrote:The knockout covers can be superglued or velcro attached on either AC-DC breaker enclosures.
Somehow I doubt that's UL listed ...
For inspection purposes asking the "man" first would be smart......sheet metal and screws is more sound/secure and fire rated obviously.
Electrical breaker distribution panel manufacturers list their approved accessories such as knockout "filler plates".......and the Outback AC-DC Enclosures should do the same.
Anyone from Outback have feedback on this accessory option in the works? :-k

Are the FW-AC-DC enclosures UL listed?...They are ETL Industrial Control Panel Rated although it "Conforms" to UL508A CAN/CSA C22.2 No.14-M95......
and it Meets Indoor Type 1 requirements.
Type 1 Enclosures constructed for indoor use to provide a degree of protection to personnel against access to hazardous parts and to provide a degree of protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against ingress of solid foreign objects (falling dirt).

UL508A CAN/CSA C22.2 No.14-M95
http://www.geindustrial.com/solutions/e ... pport.html

http://ulstandardsinfonet.ul.com/scopes/0508a.html

1.1 These requirements cover industrial control panels intended for general industrial use, operating from a voltage of 600 volts or less. This equipment is intended for installation in ordinary locations, in accordance with the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, where the ambient temperature does not exceed 40┬░C (104┬░F) maximum.

1.6.8 Equipment for the control of fuel cells, photovoltaic systems, or utility interactive systems are covered by the Standard for Inverters, Converters, Controllers and Interconnection System Equipment for Use With Distributed Energy Resources, UL 1741.

I had to install a UL listed sub panel to the (FlexWare AC-DC Enclosure setup) to use code required/approved UL listed "Arc Fault" ( AFCI) breakers in various parts of my house and on recent solar install jobs to satisfy the inspectors as the FW AC enclosure and breakers do not provide Arc Fault or GFCI breaker protection-installation or use.

Outback needs to address these issues IMHO!

tallgirl wrote: Also, several of the face plates have had breaker "covers" (the metal that is removed to allow a breaker to come through the face plate) or whatever removed and there is no circuit breaker for that location anymore (or ever). Are there plastic inserts that can be added so the dead fronts are truly dead fronts?
Question:.......what did you do with the empty knockout holes and what did the inspector say about them? :-k
tallgirl
Forum Emperor

Post by tallgirl »

Sunkeeper wrote: Are the FW-AC-DC enclosures UL listed?...They are ETL Industrial Control Panel Rated although it "Conforms" to UL508A CAN/CSA C22.2 No.14-M95......
"UL Listed" is a misnomer. Now that UL has competition, labs such as ETL are also producing "UL Listed" products.
Question:.......what did you do with the empty knockout holes and what did the inspector say about them? :-k
Nothing. The client became uncooperative and we ended our relationship.

That was a very old post -- a lot can change in all those months!
Julie in Texas

I ride bicycles. A lot.