Radian 4048A & Kilovault HAB 7.5 KWH

A place to post images and descriptions of your OutBack Power System

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

giovanniw
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: Flex Power Radian including GS4048A, FlexMax 100 AFCI, FlexNet DC, Kilovault HAB 7.5 KWH Lithium Battery, (6) Poly Solar Panels 325 Watts each.

Radian 4048A & Kilovault HAB 7.5 KWH

Post by giovanniw »

I am integrating a Flex Power Radian equipment with a Kilovault HAB 7.5 KWH Lithium battery. My Flex Power Radian include a GS4048A, FlexMax 100 AFCI, FlexNet DC AND gslc-pv1-300Vdc. We have 6 solar panels of 325 watts for a total of 1925 watts. The system will be used as Backup for critical loads that are in a sub-panel. I use the Outback integration guide to configure the parameters. The AC Input is connected to the Grid and is configured as Split Phase. However, during the night the Inverter / Charger is not charging the battery at any time. On the other hand, during the day the Charge Controller charges the battery up to the Float stage but never reaches the absorption stage. Any idea what may be misconfigured on the system?
Attachments
kilovault_app_note.pdf
(160.42 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A-01, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
SimpliPhi 48-3.8 (6 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
REC Alpha 440W panels - 2 arrays: each of 4 strings of 2 in series
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Re: Radian 4048A & Kilovault HAB 7.5 KWH

Post by raysun »

The typical charge cycle order is Bulk, Absorb, Float.

The only condition that would make the charge controller skip Absorb entirely is if Absorb Time is set to 0.0H. In that case, both Bulk and Absorb are skipped and the charge controller proceeds directly to Float.

Is Auto Charge Termination enabled on the Mate?

I don't use Grid connection, so can't help you there.
provo
Forum Czar
My RE system: Sixteen Evergreen EC-120
(4 strings, total 1920W)
Two SimpliPhi 3.8-m-24V
(300Ah total)
One FM80
One VFXR3524A
Hub 10
Mate3s
FNDC
Grid connection (no selling)
Honda EU3000is generator

Post by provo »

giovanniw wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:48 pm
The AC Input is connected to the Grid and is configured as Split Phase. However, during the night the Inverter / Charger is not charging the battery at any time.
Is this how you want the charger to behave, or is it a problem you're hoping to solve?
If a problem, what do you want the charger to be doing at night?
giovanniw
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: Flex Power Radian including GS4048A, FlexMax 100 AFCI, FlexNet DC, Kilovault HAB 7.5 KWH Lithium Battery, (6) Poly Solar Panels 325 Watts each.

Post by giovanniw »

Thank you for your advise.
The battery manual does not provide all the configuration parameters. I'm using an Outback integration guide with Kilovault, however that guide refers to the Kilovault HLX battery and the one I have is the Kilovault HAB. I will contact Kilovault technical support and ask them for the necessary parameters to integrate the Kilovault HAB battery with the Outback GS4048.