PS2DC's Input

Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

rock
Forum Guru

PS2DC's Input

Post by rock »

I have an NEMA 3R Battery Enclosure that is +/- 7 feet from where the PS2DC is going to be. I am running dual 4/0 welding wire (2 positives and 2 negatives) from custom made 1/4 inch thick copper bus bars. System is a dual GVFX 3648's. Will the PS2DC accept 2 each 4/0 cables? or do I need to install another set of custom bus bars to reduce cable size, to an acceptable size of 2/0?

I think I seen that the (-) bus bar in PS2DC can only handle a 2/0 cable is this true?
jkirkebo
Forum Whiz

Re: PS2DC's Input

Post by jkirkebo »

rock wrote:I have an NEMA 3R Battery Enclosure that is +/- 7 feet from where the PS2DC is going to be. I am running dual 4/0 welding wire (2 positives and 2 negatives) from custom made 1/4 inch thick copper bus bars. System is a dual GVFX 3648's. Will the PS2DC accept 2 each 4/0 cables? or do I need to install another set of custom bus bars to reduce cable size, to an acceptable size of 2/0?

I think I seen that the (-) bus bar in PS2DC can only handle a 2/0 cable is this true?
You don't connect the negative battery or inverter cables to the bus bar, they connect to each side of the included 500A shunt. The shunt takes lugs with 10mm holes, same as the FX. There should be no problem fitting two cables&lugs to each side of the shunt.

The same goes for the positive side, the cables connect to the breaker which again takes lugs w/10mm holes. You need two breakers here so no need for fitting two cables to one.