Inverter DC Input Cables

Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

mvrck
Forum Czar
My RE system: 3.1 kW (BP 60W) on 2x MX60s
560W (Kaneka 60W) on 1 Classic 150
1080W (Day4) on 1 Tristar MPPT 60
GVFX3524 + PS2AC/DC, MATE, HUB4, Charles 24V 30A Charger, Generac S4001, Trimetric 2020, WattPlot, greenMonitor Lite, 400AH Bank (4 ea Rolls Surrette S530 Batteries), and a lot of other solar refuse...

Inverter DC Input Cables

Post by mvrck »

The PS2 is so complete. Just bolt-it-up and plug and play. Except for the inverter DC cables inside the PS2DC, any chance to just make that part of the system as it ships, or provide a part number for upper and lower inverter. (I know 2/0 or 4/0?? Use the KISS method and provide 4/0 extra flexible cable from Cobra Wire...). I know I still have to wire to the battery box, but hey it is a step in the right direction.
DavidB
Forum Guru

Post by DavidB »

I'm a big advocate of trying to make the system as simple as possible to install. I think Outback could simplify installation further with a lot of their products by selling some of the misc. items necessary to install their products - like cable lugs :roll: . I've seen othe manufacturers have already taken this a step further then Outback's equipment and provided a complete system in a "box" that includes the batteries and you only have to run romex AC line to the service panel.

With a battery box external to the unit you have no way of knowing how much cable is needed and therefore would be a waste to include anything but the exact amount needed. I just called Cobra Wire a couple days ago for a small quantity of their extra flexible 4/0.. price: $7.50/ft :shock: Don't want to be wasting any of that!
paroxysm
Forum Member

Post by paroxysm »

Good place to get copper lugs and a reliable, reasonably priced crimper and such stuff.

[url=http://www.wiringproducts.com/]www.wiringproducts.com/[/url]