OBAC-15D on export inverter?

Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

jkirkebo
Forum Whiz

OBAC-15D on export inverter?

Post by jkirkebo »

I have a complete Outback system on order, including PS2DC, PS2AC, MX60 and a VFX2612E. I also need AC breakers and had originally ordered OBAC-15Ds since I need 15A or 16A breakers. 10A is too small and my 2.5mm2 wiring and outlets are not certified for 20A (16A max).

However, I now see in the price list that there exist export versions of the breakers too, like OBAC-10E.

My question then is, will the US breakers not work with 230V/50hz ? And if not, will standard european DIN rail breakers fit in the PS2AC ?
jkirkebo
Forum Whiz

Post by jkirkebo »

Nevermind, I got a reply from Outback. There are "E" breakers for all the sizes, even if not refered to in the price list. Here is the reply I got on email:

"OutBack sells 15 amp breakers specifically for the "Export" market. They are designated with an "E" following the amperage reference in the part number. Example: OBAC-15E. They may not be on the price list or in the catalog that you are referencing but if you specify the "E" type, we can deliver them. Below is a list of "E" type breakers that we sell.

OBAC-10E (single pole)
OBAC-10ED (double pole)
OBAC-10ET (triple pole)
OBAC-15E (single pole)
OBAC-15ED (double pole)
OBAC-15ET (triple pole)
OBAC-30 (single pole and rated for the "Export" market even though the "E" is missing)
OBAC-30D (double pole and rated for the "Export" market even though the "E" is missing)
OBAC-30T (triple pole and rated for the "Export" market even though the "E" is missing)
OBAC-50ET (triple pole)"