Inverted DCC

Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

Kent Osterberg
Forum Emperor
My RE system: SMA Sunny Boy 2500 with eight Mobil Solar Ra 180 modules

Inverted DCC

Post by Kent Osterberg »

Because of existing wires in a system that I'm upgrading for a customer I'll be installing a PS2DC and FX3648 in an inverted position. Have you thought about making a DCC with an inverted logo so this type of installation can look professional?
Scott Payne

Post by Scott Payne »

Now if we were really smart, the DCC would go on either way :oops: . Since we aren't, we have bantered around making an inverse DCC. So far the tooling cost for the new part far exceeds the perceived demand, so no plans are being made.

Now that DCC's are included with most inverters, I'm not sure how to handle 2 different style DCC's, distributors would have to stock twice as many inverters.

Another idea is to make the badge removable. It could then be rotated to fit the install.

Just thinking out loud ...

Everyone should let us know what they think on this subject.

Scott
Kent Osterberg
Forum Emperor
My RE system: SMA Sunny Boy 2500 with eight Mobil Solar Ra 180 modules

Post by Kent Osterberg »

Scott,

I'm really please to see that the DCC is included. I didn't notice in price change for the inverter. Kudos to Outback on that.

I like your idea of a removable badge that can be turned up side down. It could be a piece of plastic that snaps in. It's more parts, but still better than two versions of the DCC.