x-240 power draw

Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

ayoung
Forum Member

x-240 power draw

Post by ayoung »

Hello,
on my PS2 system, I noticed that I had an unusually high load draw - it was consistently at 1100W. Upon diagnosing this, I turned off the main breaker for the house AC loads and I still had a power draw (according to the mate) of 1100W. When I turned off the X-240 breaker in the PSAC panel, my load dropped to 0 (according to the mate). I'm assuming I have a wiring problem somewhere. Is it possible that the two inverters are out of phase? I'm using the default stacking setup and the inverters should be wired in parallel.
ericwahl
Forum Guru
My RE system: (9) SW230mono, XW-60-MPPT, SW5548

Re: x-240 power draw

Post by ericwahl »

ayoung wrote: I'm using the default stacking setup
The default would be not stacked at all. There is no default stacking setup. It needs to be programmed.
ayoung
Forum Member

Post by ayoung »

As opposed to the outback stacking setup.
ericwahl
Forum Guru
My RE system: (9) SW230mono, XW-60-MPPT, SW5548

Post by ericwahl »

still not clear how they are programmed, or what the function of the X240 is.
Scott Payne

Post by Scott Payne »

ayoung,
It does sound like your inverters are mis-phased or mis-wired. I need to ask a few more questions about your system though:

If your inverters are paralleled, the 2nd (SLAVE) inverter needs to be programmed as OB SLAVE L1 so it is in phase with the master. The X-240 could be used in three ways in the system.
1) As a step-up transformer to run 240VAC loads like a well pump, on your primarily 120VAC (2 FXs parallel) system.
2) As a step down to allow your 120VAC system to charge from a 24VAC source.

A third option for wiring a x-240 would be as a balancing transformer using OutBack stacking. OutBack stacking (programming the slave to OB SLAVE L2) is series stacking for 120/240 output. The X-240 allows the master to shut down the slave when it is unneeded yet still provide 240VAC.

You'll have to tell me which of those three options your system is wired for, then I can help in getting it programmed correctly.

Scott