Equipment Orientation?

Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

crewzer
Forum Emperor

Equipment Orientation?

Post by crewzer »

As I continue my system design and become more familiar with OutBack products, I can see that I may well end up with a PS2 based system. However, all the photos I've seen indicate the equipemt laid out "right-to-left" (AC output <- AC Panel <- FX inverter <- DC panel <- MX-60).

My preference would be for what I would consider to be a more traditional "left-to-right" input-to-output arrangement (MX-60 -> DC panel -> inverter -> AC panel -> AC output).

Can the OutBack equipment be arranged and installed in this manner as well?

Thanks!
Jim / crewzer
Kent Osterberg
Forum Emperor
My RE system: SMA Sunny Boy 2500 with eight Mobil Solar Ra 180 modules

Post by Kent Osterberg »

Jim,

The question about left/right vs right/left orientation was previously addressed on this forum, but I was unable to locate it. Here's my recollection of it:

Yes, the DC equipment can be mounted on the left side of the PS2. The AC and DC boxes are identical on the exterior and can be mounted in either position. If you put the DC equipment on the left side, the inverter must be mounted upside down. The inverted inverter doesn't mind.
crewzer
Forum Emperor

Post by crewzer »

Kent,

Thanks for your quick response. I suspect the previous thread to which you referred is here: http://www.outbackpower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242

Thanks again,
Jim / crewzer
crewzer
Forum Emperor

Post by crewzer »

Kent,

Thanks for your quick response. I suspect the previous thread to which you referred is here: http://www.outbackpower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242

Thanks again,
Jim / crewzer