inverter on/off control of inverter

Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

drjudoal
Forum Member

inverter on/off control of inverter

Post by drjudoal »

I've disconnected the jumper next to the control terminal wiring block on my GVFX and connected a relay to the inverter on/off connections. The LED display does not change when the relay is closed or open. When the relay is closed the inverter functions properly. I have not tested it with the relay open however. Are the LEDs supposed to change?
crewzer
Forum Emperor

Post by crewzer »

The LED display does not change when the relay is closed or open... I have not tested it with the relay open however.
Sorry, but I'm corn-fuzed... ](*,)

The green "Status" LED is the only one that should change: LED "on" for inverter on, and LED "off" for inverter off. You'll need to perform the "relay open" test to verify this operation.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer
090805 System Configuration: 966 W STC (849 W CEC PTC) 48V PV array, FM80, 24V x 400 Ah AGM battery bank, FX2524T w/ BTS, Hub-4 & Mate; Link-10 w/ BTS, & E-Panel.
drjudoal
Forum Member

Green LED stays on

Post by drjudoal »

Thanks for the quick answer. The green LED does stay on. I've checked the relay with an ohm meter and it is opening and closing.
crewzer
Forum Emperor

Post by crewzer »

Odd... Cycling the relay actually turns the inverter on and off, but the green status LED stays on when the inverter is off?

Hmmm....

Jim / crewzer
090805 System Configuration: 966 W STC (849 W CEC PTC) 48V PV array, FM80, 24V x 400 Ah AGM battery bank, FX2524T w/ BTS, Hub-4 & Mate; Link-10 w/ BTS, & E-Panel.