Discussion about OutBacks "PS" enclosures

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

Kent Osterberg
Forum Emperor
My RE system: SMA Sunny Boy 2500 with eight Mobil Solar Ra 180 modules

Flexware dimensional drawing

Post by Kent Osterberg »

A few questions about Flexware:

1. Is there a dimensional drawing, showing KO locations, for the Flexware boxes? The product guide is nice but not sufficient.

2. Will there be a forum category for Flexware?

3. Will the Flexware installation instructions be put online.
solarstudent
Forum Guru

Post by solarstudent »

Kent,

I just installed an FW1000 AC & DC. The documentation that was included was brief and very basic. Don't count on it being posted online and answering lots of questions.

The boxes are well organized, very light weight, and easy to work with. Excellent fit & finish.

OB seems to be way behind in making and posting updated wiring guides, spec sheets and BOM's. Hope they catch up soon.
gasmandave
Forum Whiz
My RE system: FlexWare500 system, GVFX3648, MX-60, hub, mate, FlexNetDC, 8-6v 210ah GC-2 batteries in series (48v). 1845 watts solar pole mounted (dual-axis) - (9 Kyocera 205 watt solar panels). Wife say, no more panels for now!

Post by gasmandave »

I was wondering the same thing. I'm in the process of purchasing the FW500 parts. From what I've purchased so far it looks great, however, I'm not sure of wire lenghts and additional hardware, spec.s etc...

I hope OutBack hears us out here.
solarstudent
Forum Guru

Post by solarstudent »

FYI- the FLEXWARE Manuals & Installation Instructions are now posted on the OB site.
Kent Osterberg
Forum Emperor
My RE system: SMA Sunny Boy 2500 with eight Mobil Solar Ra 180 modules

Post by Kent Osterberg »

It is nice to see the manuals on line. The dimensional drawings are still inadequate. The don't identify the location of the KOs.