inverters shutting down

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Grid Tie Applications

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

judoal
Forum Whiz
My RE system: 3 GVFX3648, 4 MX60, mate3s, 16 Crown AGM, 2 series strings in parallel, grid-tie

inverters shutting down

Post by judoal »

I have 3 GVFX3648 inverters, 4 MX60 charge controllers and a new set of batteries. I obtained this record that showed the 2 slave units shutting down for about 10 seconds with no observable event. I've attached a spread sheet of data obtained through the Mate3s using custom software that is connected to http://<mate3s ip address>/Dev_status.cgi?&Port=0. Port 0 is the master inverter and ports 1 and 2 are slave inverters with the the inverter on port 2 connected directly to the grid (due to back feed current into the main panel exceeding its rating of 100 amps. The spreadsheet shows that at 17:40:14, the two slave inverters switched off even though the AC voltage into the inverter was proper (~120v) and the battery voltage was near the float voltage. At 17:40:23, the two slave inverters switched back to 'passthru' mode even though the output AC voltage was very low. I've put in a support request to Outback tech support but no response yet. I would like to know what the source of this issue is and if I need to replace one or more circuit boards in my inverters and if so, which ones.
2020-10-24-fx_log-excerpt.xlsx
(12.71 KiB) Downloaded 35 times