Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Grid Tie Applications
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I inherited a system in a home a purchased with no ventilation in a box in the garage. I vented it and put in a fan. I wired the fan to the Aux contacts in the inverter and I went in and set the fan to "ON" but there is no voltage coming out of those contacts. Is there a jumper or something else I need to do?
- Forum Emperor
- Posts: 1875
- Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 am
- My RE system: VFXR3648, FM80, 3k panels, Mate3s, FNDC, 4ea 3.8 PHIs. EU7000is AGS. X240 with big Bertha way off in the shop. Off grid.
- Location: PNW
What is the fan that you used to move air from the box?
- Forum Czar
- Posts: 877
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:40 am
- My RE system: GS8048A, FM80 w/3,600W PV Fixed, FM80 w/2,700W on Zomeworks tracker, Mate3, 24 Trojan 2V L16 1100AH @ C20, Grid-Tied with Kohler 14RESA LPG Generator and MEP-803 Diesel if needed.
I install and maintain grid-tied and off-grid systems in my area and consult on solar system design/operation.
- Location: 80 miles NE of Phoenix at 5500'
There are nine Aux modes, only the "vent fan" mode will output 12V with 0.7A of current. Look at p.20 of attached manual. You will then also be able to program the voltage at which the fan starts.
- GTFX GVFX Series Programming Manual.pdf
- (660.06 KiB) Downloaded 16 times