LED lighting to leverage electric production

Discussion about the FX2000 Inverter
This forum has been closed

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

wheelema

Post by wheelema »

Once Outback grid-tie is approved, purchased, and installed, I still need to eliminate draw where possible. Can anyone point me to a provider of LED lighting or other high efficency lighting? Many thanks!!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by wheelema:
<strong>Once Outback grid-tie is approved, purchased, and installed, I still need to eliminate draw where possible. Can anyone point me to a provider of LED lighting or other high efficency lighting? Many thanks!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The cost of LEDs and there performance is still a little hard to justify - but progress is being made quickly. They are great for accent and background lighting - although the AC versions can flicker some - which is okay for having fun but gets old after a while in general use.

Christopher

[img]images/smiles/converted/sun_smiley.gif[/img]
billvon
Forum Expert

Post by billvon »

LED lights are available in a great many places. West Marine has a good assortment, as do most RE retailers. www.theledlight.com has a good selection.

Note that if general purpose lighting is your goal, flourescents are still a bit more efficient in terms of lumens/watt. Northern Arizona Solar has a good assortment of them. LED's excel when you need a very small but efficient light source.