FX vs VFX

Discussion about the FX2000 Inverter
This forum has been closed

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

arnold
Forum Guru
My RE system: Current: 10.9 kW STC (128 BP-585), 4 MX60, 3 GVFX, 4 Concorde PVX-12255
2.46 kW STC (12 KD205GX-LP), Xantrex GT2.8
Previous (still owned): 9.1 kW STC (108 BP-585), 6 SB 3048, 2 SW5048, 8 Concorde PVX-12255

FX vs VFX

Post by arnold »

I've been waiting for the grid interactive FX inverters, with the release of the VFX, should I plan on it instead?

I've read:

http://www.outbackpower.com/pdfs/sealed_vs_vented%20comparisonrevc.pdf

The inverters are going to be located in a garage. I'm near San Jose so I think the climate is suitable.

This is for a system that was planned to have 4 FX-2548s which could become 3 or 4 VFX-3648. One of my concerns is RF emissions. Can someone quantify "Greater control of unwanted radio frequency interference" as an advantage for the FX? One of the reasons I didn't use SW inverters for the new system is RFI.

arnold
billvon
Forum Expert

FX vs VFX

Post by billvon »

<strong>I've been waiting for the grid interactive FX inverters, with the release of the VFX, should I plan on it instead?</strong>

That's odd. They recommend the sealed version for boats and RV's, but don't seem to offer a sealed 12V version (which is what all RV's and most small boats use.)
wd8cdh
Forum Guru

FX vs VFX

Post by wd8cdh »

Hi Bill,

I think that is just a typo on the new price list. They do make a non vented FX2012.

Ron
Robin Gudgel

FX vs VFX

Post by Robin Gudgel »

We are actively working on the grid tie version of the FX now. We had to cross the T's and dot the i's on the off grid version before jumping into the line tie market.
As far as 12v sealed goes.... The vented unit is now ETL approved. We did not get the sealed unit tested yet. We would like to make the sealed unit be 2000 watts. That won't happen without a Turbo option. The Turbo is designed and has been quoted. The tooling is outrageous for these two new die cast parts. I suspect that we will have the tooling on order within a month or so when we go for our UL458 approval. It is destined to be a great marine inverter being sealed and all.