230VAC, 50Hz, 48V = FX??? Availability, Data

Discussion about the FX2000 Inverter
This forum has been closed

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

Woody

Post by Woody »

Greetings from Chile.

Could you clarify the ins and outs of the 230VAC models and how they may rate differently from 115VAC products? We need to be very clear on the stacking issues and ratings. (I sold a few earlier today...)

Delivery of the 230VAC units started already...

Great work up there guys. Lets do a technical conference in Southern Patagonia...
Robin Gudgel

Post by Robin Gudgel »

Woody,
I know you have been talking to some of the engineers here, but they are gone at the moment. We switch the hot leg of the 120VAC input with the internal relay. The 230 volt version uses the same circuit boards. So only one leg is switched. This is the way all Trace inverters are configured too. You will use the two inputs labeled Hot in and Neutral in for your two hot inputs and likewise for the AC output. For stacking, you will want to place these units in parallel I assume. The production units shipping to Spain this week are also capable of three phase operation. I'm not sure if the first few 230V units shipped to Inverters Direct can do three phase? Those units are going either to Africa or to you? In any case three phase is the same unit just different set up and stacking interface board. The Hub4 which is up and running in our engineering lab supports three phase also. We expect to be totally done with the Hub4 in two weeks. Then we can order parts which means production should be less than two months away.
Hope this helps,
Robin Gudgel
Robin Gudgel

Post by Robin Gudgel »

Woody,
I forgot to mention the ratings. The 24v unit is 2000 watts continuous and the 48v unit is 2300 watts continuous. When stacking, you should use the DC12-FAN kit or kits for quad stacks. This will increase your output by a few hundred watts per inverter. Additional specs are on our web in the new catalog version 3. 15,000 catalogs are at the printers now, so get your order in.
Robin
Woody

Post by Woody »

Thanks Robin:
Sounds like you have a lot happening. The 230VAC unit is called FX2548 correct? Does it also have a 30Amp 48V charger or do you up the charger output as you do the output rating with respect to the FX2048?
Best
Woody
Robin Gudgel

Post by Robin Gudgel »

Woody,
The model is FX2348E
The charger is 35 amps
Robin Gudgel