UL 1741 listing!

Discussion about the FX2000 Inverter
This forum has been closed

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

arnold
Forum Guru
My RE system: Current: 10.9 kW STC (128 BP-585), 4 MX60, 3 GVFX, 4 Concorde PVX-12255
2.46 kW STC (12 KD205GX-LP), Xantrex GT2.8
Previous (still owned): 9.1 kW STC (108 BP-585), 6 SB 3048, 2 SW5048, 8 Concorde PVX-12255

UL 1741 listing!

Post by arnold »

http://www.solaraccess.com/news/story?storyid=2800&p=1

The FX2000 is listed under UL 1741, ÔÇ£Inverters for Use in Independent Power SystemsÔÇØ by ETL

Does this mean grid tie certification is not far away?

arnold
reellison
Forum Member

UL 1741 listing!

Post by reellison »

Will the inverter also be certified to New York's standard at the same time?
Christopher

UL 1741 listing!

Post by Christopher »

Yes - the testing for the UL1741 will include the additional test required by New York. The results then need to be reviewed by New York and they may possibly require someone from their organization to observe the tests in person. Our hope is that the presence of Sandia personel at the testing will suffice.
Steve Musser

UL 1741 listing!

Post by Steve Musser »

I have heard several times since October 2002 that the upgrade for making the FX2024 grid-interactive will be available soon, most recently in June 2003. Since June has now passed I've recently been told that the upgrade may happen by September 2003. I have anxious (to put it mildly!) customers with FX's that are hoping to get their inverters upgraded before the National Tour of Solar Homes in October. What can you tell me about this?
Christopher

UL 1741 listing!

Post by Christopher »

We are making progress on the approval and will have it in time for the Solar Home Tour in October.

Part of the issue is not just when we will have the approval but also when we will have product available at our distributors for installation. We will be prioritizing upgrading the FX inverter owners who have them installed and are ready to "just push sell".

We will offer a on-line registration process with our distributors to help make the process as easy and fair as possible. We will be announcing this process once our approval is close to completion in order to allow us to give good date estimates.