Are five FX-2000s a possible alternative to the Bergey GridT

Discussion about the FX2000 Inverter
This forum has been closed

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

atoy

Post by atoy »

Hello Outback.

This Spring, I hope to purchase a used 10KW Bergey Excel S1 wind generator along with the existing Bergey Powersync inverter which is not UL approved. The previous owner is grandfathered to continue to use the Powersync as a grid-tie of which he has been on for the past 15 years. If I purchase the system, I do not have the grandfather approval feature.Therefore, I will need to replace the Powersync with the Bergey GridTek 10 which is UL approved for my county electrical inspector to sign off for grid-tie.

I would prefer to keep an all Outback inverter package for a 1kw PV-battery/UPS-grid-tie system as well.

So, the question is. Can 5 [five] FX-2000s be an alternative to the Bergey GridTek 10 inverter?

FYI, Bergey is offering a $2,500 credit on working Powersyncs toward the purchase of a $8,000 Gridtek 10.

Thanks, Art Toy
Lawrence, Michigan
arnold
Forum Guru
My RE system: Current: 10.9 kW STC (128 BP-585), 4 MX60, 3 GVFX, 4 Concorde PVX-12255
2.46 kW STC (12 KD205GX-LP), Xantrex GT2.8
Previous (still owned): 9.1 kW STC (108 BP-585), 6 SB 3048, 2 SW5048, 8 Concorde PVX-12255

Post by arnold »

Well the FXs are not yet ETL/UL certified for grid interactive (selling) applications.

From everything I have read (I've pretty much read everything on this web site), you will be able to stack up to 8 FX-2000s inverters.

I am eagerly waiting for my FX-2048s. They're suppose to start shipping the FX-2048 in the spring which can be as early as two weeks from now (I would be pleasantly surprised if that happened) or three months from now. It's unclear if grid interactive will be there when the FX-2048s start shipping.

FX-2024s without the grid sell feature are shipping now.

arnold
Robin Gudgel

Post by Robin Gudgel »

We shipped our first 4 pre-production FX2548's a couple of days ago. They are not grid interactive yet, but they really are an awsome machine. We hope to get line tie by the end of summer, but have a few other projects in front of grid tie. Production of the FX2548's will start in 2 weeks.